Association and corporate meeting planners often work in isolation and rarely have the opportunity to share information, experiences and ideas with their peers from other sectors. The Meetopolis conference which just wrapped up in Brussels gave meeting planners the opportunity to come together, learn from each other and be inspired. For part of the program, meeting planners were turned into session designers and were able to brainstorm new approaches to meeting design and engagement techniques.
Each element of meeting design was explored. The session resulted in the creation of The Meeting Design Toolbox. The Toolbox is divided into five categories, summarized in the acronym CHATTY (Conceptual, Human, Art, Technical, TechnologY)
- Conceptual refers to meeting formats, flow, programs and techniques.
- Human tools are facilitators, actors, speakers, producers, exhibit staff, etc.
- Art encompasses themes, music, design, video and activities
- Technical refers to audio-visual, set building, furniture, etc.
- Technology includes mobile and tablet apps, social technology, hybrid meetings and the like
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you design and execute a successful meeting, contact Barbara Stroup BStroup@cepiexpo.com